Representing Individuals and Businesses in Southern Minnesota
As a general practice law firm, Hoversten, Johnson, Beckmann & Hovey, LLP, offers legal services in a broad range of legal areas. Our lawyers represent businesses and individuals in Austin, Albert Lea and other communities in southern Minnesota.
For more information about a particular area of law, click on the heading:
- Personal injury: Our lawyers represent people injured in all types of accidents resulting from another party’s negligence.
- Auto accidents: We offer a free consultation to explain your rights under Minnesota no-fault insurance law.
- Family law and divorce: Our lawyers handle family law matters such as divorce, child custody disputes, modifications of divorce orders, prenuptial agreements and adoption.
- Estate planning: Our estate planning attorneys draft wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives and other estate planning documents.
- Probate services: We guide executors and administrators through the Minnesota probate process.
- Real estate: Our real estate lawyers handle residential and commercial real estate transactions, refinancing and litigation.
- Agricultural law: We handle land sales, windmill leases, easements and agricultural personal injury, succession planning and other legal issues unique to Minnesota farms.
- Employment law: Our attorneys represent employers and employees in a wide range of disputes ranging from discrimination to non compete agreements.
- Business and commercial law: Our business attorneys provide a variety of business law services from incorporation to business sales to litigation.
- Bankruptcy law: The firm is active in representing a wide array of lenders, both private and institutional, in debtor-creditor disputes. Our activities in this area include debt workouts and negotiation, foreclosures involving both real and personal property, and debt collections.
- Administrative law: Our lawyers represent parties in workers’ compensation proceedings, social security administration proceedings, state and federal licensing agencies, environmental protection agencies and taxing authorities.
- Mediation and arbitration: Our lawyers offer a wide variety of services with respect to alternative dispute resolution, including attorneys experienced in the mediation and arbitration of controversies.