Albert Lea Farm Transfers Lawyers
At Hoversten, Johnson, Beckmann & Hovey, LLP, our lawyers understand the issues faced by today’s farmers. Whether you need help negotiating a wind farm easement or drafting a succession plan for the next generation of farm ownership, we can protect your interests every step of the way.
The following are examples of the types of legal services we provide to farmers in southern Minnesota:
- Succession planning: Our lawyers will help you form legal entities, such as family partnerships, to transfer farms to the next generation of ownership. We can also help you deal with tax and land transfer issues.
- Drainage easements: If you wish to install tile to drain land, you will need the cooperation of all landowners between you and the river. Our lawyers will help you negotiate easements to lay the tile.
- Wind farm easements: Our lawyers will help you obtain the maximum compensation for windmill farms and easements to cross over land to install windmills.
- Insurance claim disputes: When you change from being a premium payer to a claim filer, your relationship with your insurance company can change. Our lawyers will represent your interests in all insurance claim disputes.
- Farm sales and auctions: Our lawyers handle land transactions from sales to refinancing to the creation of subdivisions.
- Personal injury: Farm accidents often cause serious injuries and sometimes result in disability or death. If the injury was caused by another party — such as an equipment supplier — you may be able to collect compensation for medical bills, lost income, disability, and your pain and suffering from the insurance company of the responsible party.
Our lawyers grew up on farms and small towns, so we understand farm issues.