Albert Lea Workplace Discrimination Lawyers
The employer-employee relationship is one of the most important relationships in our lives. If you are experiencing problems in the workplace, the attorneys at Hoversten, Johnson, Beckmann & Hovey, LLP, have the experience to protect your interests. We represent both employers and employees in a wide range of employment issues.
The following are examples of the some of the employment law services we provide:
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts and agreements
- Advising employers on the workplace impact of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and private regulations, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as well as the Minnesota Human Rights Act (and EEOC law)
- Representation of plaintiffs and defendants in sexual harassment, employment discrimination and wrongful termination claims before the Minnesota Human Rights Agency, in district courts of the state of Minnesota and in federal court
- Conducting in-house training and seminar presentations for employers on issues relating to workplace discrimination and sexual harassment
- Representing employers and employees in disputes over overtime pay, minimum wage and other aspects of the Fair Labor Standards Act, including class actions lawsuits brought in federal court
- Negotiating labor contracts, handling grievance arbitrations for both public and private employers, and representing employers on unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Advising employers faced with representation elections and unit clarifications, advising employers on issues of contract interpretation, OSHA enforcement issues, unemployment compensation problems, workers’ compensation matters and other varied labor law issues
- Litigation involving severance agreements, non compete agreements and nondisclosure agreements
We view our ability to represent both employers and employees equally well as an advantage for our clients. We know how the other side thinks and what steps they are likely to take. This enables us to plan countermoves to protect your interests.